Save Judy's Life

San diego, California

$0.00USD

0% funded

Donate Now
$6,500.00 USD goal
days to go
Campaign ended.

Peer-to-peer fundraising

Create a personal goal to help raise money for this fundraiser. Learn more

Create a peer-to-peer fundraiser

Save Judy's Life

$0.00

0% funded

Campaign beneficiary:


David Robert


Created By:

profile image

David Robert

hi am David Robert. am making funds for my friend Daughter For brain treatment.

Category: Faith & Family

Start Date: October 2, 2018

In 2016 Judy Taveras was diagnosed with a massive brain tumor. A surgery was performed and 90% of her tumor was removed. The other 10% could not be removed because it was attached to her brain stem. The doctor's said she had what is called a Schwannoma Tumor. Medical history had shown that this type of tumor typically does not grow back and if it does it takes many years. In Judy's case it grew back aggressively in just 2 short months after her initial surgery. Judy had not yet healed from the surgery so the doctor's suggested radiation treatment to minimize the tumor. This seemed to hold the tumor down to a size that kept her out of risk.

In August of 2018 a MRI revealed that the tumor had grown larger and now her life was back at risk. Today, Judy suffers from daily migraines, loss of balance, and has lost the right side of her hearing. Since the tumor is located on the stem of her brain and the effects of the radiation, this puts her in high risk of potential damage to the nerves that control her motor skills, facial movement, her hearing and much more. Today is Tuesday, October 2, 2018, and as I am typing this, she is being operated right now. We only pray that Jehovah God gives the Taveras family the support and strength needed to overcome this. Judy is a fighter and we know she can do this.

However, the financial obligations will be substantial. They have medical insurance but will be left with a significant amount of medical bills to cover. This is when I came up with the idea of putting together this fundraiser, to help cover the remaining cost of her brain surgery. When I approached them about this idea, they didn't want to ask for help, but my wife and I convinced them that it's worth a try.

We hope you find it in your heart to donate, even if it's just one dollar. Every dollar makes a difference. As the quote on the video says: "Alone we can do so little; Together we can do so much"

Alone, the financial obligations will become overwhelming for the Taveras family, but if each one of us donates just a little, together we can help them through this!

On behalf of my sister-in-law and her husband William and their adorable little girl, Kaylani, we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your generosity and for all the support, thoughts, and prayers.

I will continue to post information on her progress.  Once again, THANK YOU!

New to WonderWe?


Sign up now to create action and raise money for social impact.

Sign up

Donors 0


This campaign doesn't yet have any donations