Each and every day, someone, somewhere in my city needs my services. My job today is to find them!
Start Date: July 18, 2016
Valley Fire Phoenix Rising
MISSION: The Phoenix Rising mission is to turn the devastating wildfires of 2015 into an unparalleled opportunity to rebuild our communities, homes and businesses in an extra-ordinary, earth-friendly, sustainable and healthy way.
VISION: We envision a community in which diverse people engage cooperatively to co-create housing and an economy that regenerates the natural ecosystems. This community will serve as a model for what is possible for humans living in the awareness of our interconnection to all life.
● Affordable Housing: Eco-Village, Co-Housing, Granny Unit Rentals, Affordable, green, fire-safe designs and grants for building materials through Team Lake County
● Eco Zone: promoting local Micro-Businesses
that are earth-friendly, encouraging Co-ops and collaboration
● Community Resources programs: Trees as a
Resource, Tool Lending Library, Community Gardens through NCO
purpose of the project is to be an example to Lake County and the world of how
to elevate and evolve the standard for living in connection with the earth,
each other and ultimately ourselves. We accomplish this by living in community
and examining and revising our priorities to bring health and happiness,
abundance and freedom to the forefront.
Doing what we love (art, permaculture, preparing nutritious, delicious gut-healing food – and sharing it with others in a welcoming, friendly community) will attract prosperity as we demonstrate a healthy alternative lifestyle.
In addition to building an Eco_village, your donation will help us offset the costs associated with organizing a successful fundraising event. Even though many costs can be minimized or defrayed through generous sponsors and partnerships with local schools/organizations, businesses, talent and media, there are still costs that require payment up front. We will do our very best to use your donations wisely and produce the best possible event with minimum investment so that we have a head start on reaching our goal of $1M before the event. Our goal is to buy and build an eco village, not to be in the business of perpetual Fundraising!
1) Sponsorships from progressive companies. Goddess of the Mountain (Fairlight’s cottage food operation) is leading by example, donating a percentage of profits on orders placed during the fundraising effort.
2) Fundraising Event. We’ve been offered a beautiful venue at Paradise Ridge winery’s outdoor amphitheater in Santa Rosa on a Thursday, September 29. Will have silent auction with artists donating a percentage from art sold. Check out the Location; https://youtu.be/XyrbRi37K4g
Ticket Pricing:(tickets will be issued to donors equal to donated amount)
$1,000 VIP Ticket;
Weekend Retreat for 2 after launch; (Fri- Sun)
Food- Fri- Gift Basket with tasty treats
Saturday - 3 meals provided
Sunday - 2 meals provided
2 Tickets to Ribbon Cutting Dinner
$500 for 2 ticket
Ticket to ribbon cutting dinner
$300 individual ticket
Entry to event; including food, music, and auction
3) Crowd-Funding / Press Releases. The story of how we helped to build this grassroots effort will be well received. We have kept it low key until we had achieved some success to crow about, and now with the Trees as a Resource TLC granting program’s recent success, we are ready to make a splash.
Business partnerships. Goddess of the Mountain will operate the commercial
kitchen and food truck. Displaced Fire Survivor, Middletown Arts Center board
member, artist, builder and welder Renata Jaworska will run an arts-and-crafts
makers’ space. Fire Survivor and local architect Trina Johnson will design
curriculum for natural building and workshops in conjunction with local
permaculture schools. Jobs will be created for micro-entrepreneurs to drive the
food truck and distribute the artisanal foods created at our kitchen and drive
the bus that will bring guests and residents to town and local events.